Neck strain is regularly referred to as whiplash. While typically associated with car accidents, any physical impact or blow that causes your head to immediately jerk forward or backward can lead to neck strain. The sudden force hyper-extends and tears the muscles and tendons that support your neck.
Neck strain often affects many amateur and professional athletes. People who play high-endurance contact sports like football are uniquely prone to neck strain.
Symptoms of Whiplash and Neck Strain:
- Any level of pain, a decreased range of motion, and stiffness in the neck. The muscles may feel hard or knotted.
- Any level of pain when shifting your head in any direction.
- Any level of pain or stiffness when turning your neck to look over either shoulder.
- Muscle tenderness or soreness.
- Headaches at the base of the skull that seemingly radiate upwards towards the forehead.
Recommendation and solutions:
If you are experiencing whiplash after a car accident, contact a chiropractor in Greenville, SC to discuss your treatment options. Chiropractic adjustments, posture modification, disc decompression therapy, K-laser therapy, neck and upper back exercises, stress tension management, meditation or nutritional modification, under the guidance of a professionally trained chiropractor can help. We are highly trained and happy to offer chiropractic care for neck pain to all of our patients.
Call Chiropractic Health Center of Greenville, SC today: 864-516-8917 or email us today.