The feet represent the foundation for the remainder of the body. They are the single most important part of good posture, which in turn means that they should be the starting point for people with everything from foot aches to back pain.
The problem is that so many people overlook the feet. They mistakenly believe that the source of their pain resides in worn discs, arthritic joints and other places where the pain may be more prominent.
Custom foot orthotics represent one of the most versatile ways to resolve the many problems that suffering feet can cause. They can help people with arthritis, diabetes, back pain and countless other conditions. As such, there are a number of advantages to wearing foot orthotics.
What are Custom Orthotics?
Custom foot orthotics are inserts that go into your shoes or act as separate shoes for you to wear. These are designed to help support the proper posture for the remainder of your body. The way they work is by correcting the way your feet rest while standing and moving. They may support the arch, the heels, the toes and any other part of the foot that may have posture-related issues.
The result of these corrections extends past the feet. They support the proper distribution of weight on your knees, the correct posture of your legs, better back posture and the correct distribution of your head upon your neck. This can alleviate pressure on the joints of your body, which in turn can reduce pain while giving your body ample freedom to heal.
What are the Benefits of Custom Orthotics?
The benefits of custom foot orthotics extend far past just what they can do for your feet. These benefits include:
- Reducing foot pain – Everything from fatigue-related discomfort to outright foot pain can be treated by using foot orthotics.
- Treating knee and back pain – Since orthotics affect the way the rest of the body is aligned, they can effectively treat posture-related pain.
- Mitigating diabetic neuropathy – By correctly aligning the legs and feet, some issues affecting circulation can be treated. This can allow conditions such as diabetic neuropathy and leg fatigue to be treated.
- Maximizing comfort – Foot orthotics will help to absorb the shock of walking and standing. This reduces fatigue, keeps the feet safe and prevents damage from accumulating in the feet.
- Reducing arthritis pain – Since custom orthotics help to absorb shock and align the body correctly, they can significantly reduce the discomfort and pain stemming from arthritis. When worn regularly, orthotics can help to improve the anatomical symptoms of arthritis in the knees and back.
Harness the Benefits of Foot Orthotics
Despite the many benefits of custom foot orthotics, you cannot acquire those benefits unless you use them. This means having our skilled professional creating your orthotics. To discover the benefits of custom foot orthotics, or to acquire your own, consult with our chiropractor at Chiropractic Health Center in Greenville. Contact us today to schedule your appointment.